Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Dead Days (Uayeb) are beginning; predictions for 2006

Today's 12.19.13.3.1 2 Imix 19 Cumku. We're 41 days into this Tzolkin.
Tomorrow the dead days start; six days of them. The Mayan/Aztec version of Lent.
Can you imagine if I went into my boss's office and said, "The dead days start tomorrow. I can't drive, cook, have sex, give birth or do anything for six days. See you on April 4th."
So, April 4th, next Tuesday, is 0 Pop, the Mayan new year. This will be the year of 8 Manik.
The 8 is significant. Anyone who followed my old blog knows those days numbered 8 are days of celebrating that energy.
Manik has some interesting energy. It's the deer, and the helping hand. It's being cooperative and part of the herd and also being shy and withdrawn. And it means the gods could be using you as their hand, as their tool. Not quite a puppet because to truly embody the Manik energy you have to be cooperative with the gods who are manifesting through you. Not exactly being ridden by a loa (although I did write a whole book about that, called Ridden--a kind of alternate-Atlantis story set in the Yucatan 3300 years ago)--something a little milder. But just as life changing.
So is that what we have to look forward to? Volunteering to being ridden, to letting our identities be effaced temporarily in the cause of the greater good?
I just don't like that at all. I am trying to think of it in a spiritual broad way and I keep thinking of President Bush and thinking he'll try to draft me. I am too fat but I'm not sure if I'm too old.
Time will tell, right?

No comments: