Monday, April 03, 2006

Endings, beginnings.

12.19.13.3.6 7 Cimi 4 Uayeb--the final of the dead days!
Over the weekend I received a card in the mail from my bird vet. A sympathy card. I didn't get one in August when Gwennie died. I don't know if it's because the place is under new ownership or because I was so very grief-stricken when I brought Goober's sad little corpse in on St. Patrick's Day.I was just getting to the point where I didn't cry every day, and that card set me off.
Friday Lance was very frisky, so when I got home I brought him into the bathroom. He went along willingly so I knew that was what he wanted. He climbed up me, sat on my shoulder, leaned against my cheek and kept headbutting (beak-butting) me and making kisses. I feel horrible for him and Zeebo. They are so lonely. I have an ad online looking for an older female I could put with them. Zeebo is still so nuts I can't handle him at all. He makes kissies at me through the cage and lets me scratch his head a little, that's it. Neither of them are talking much.
The saddest thing is the lack of "goodnight". I still pause every night and say it as I'm going up the stairs, and no little voice answers me. I can't remember if I said it the night Goober died. I say it most nights. I hope I did.
Tomorrow's the Mayan New Year. It's not part of the Tzolkin, that's the Haab, but I do pay attention to 0 Pop (New Year) and the Uayeb and the other seating (0) days. I haven't been able to find any meanings for the various Haab months (either translations or interpertations), and it's that which really interests me in the Tzolkin.
I want to start over new. But I still don't know what I want to do.
My Body Shop business is essentially dead. I've got no parties scheduled. Hardly any reorders coming in. So in a few months when my sales fall below their minimum, I guess I'll just get booted out. I don't know how it works. I don't much care anymore. I don't wish I never started, but I do wish I had more information in advance. I might not have done it, who knows? I didn't make a profit yet. Just more money I can't afford poured into a hole that I thought would turn into a well.

No comments: