Thursday, April 20, 2006

cat update, car trouble

12.19.13.4.3 11 Akbal 16 Pop

The vet finally called back yesterday. There was an emergency with a dog hit by a car.
Zen has high/normal counts for his liver, 1 kidney, and his thyroid. The vet said he was going to send out another sample of blood for another thyroid test. I looked up the symptoms of thyroid problems in cats (ironically, it said Siamese cats are LESS likely to have thyroid problems; guess Zen's thyroid gene came from his non-Siamese dad) and they do match how he's been lately. It's not a death sentence like some other diseases I was worried about. Daily pills (oh, he's gonna love that) for the rest of his life, surgery or radiation are the options. The radiation is a 100% cure but I'd have to give my kitty up for 2 months and I couldn't do that. He would be so unhappy locked in a cage in a strange place for that long. Not to mention the cost. So I'll know those test results in 2-3 days. I guess one option is a few months of pills followed by surgery. That's probably what I'll do.

This morning I was walking out to my car when I saw something underneath it. As in, a part hanging down. I know my car hasn't suddenly grown a penis, although it sure looks like that. I think it's the exhaust. It's up in front under the engine. It's driving okay but I'm worried that if that piece totally rips off something important will come off with it. I have therapy tonight in West Hartford and then an Astrological Society meeting after that. So I borrowed my mom's car. It's the same as my husband's, only red.

Then when I got to work I found out that my bottle of chocolate milk had leaked in my purse all over my cell phone and the magazine I brought to give to someone and all my stuff. Yuck. Nothing smells worse than sour milk.

Akbal, darkness and secrets. I was psyched about today being an Akbal day cuz I'm an Akbal but I just feel kicked in the pants.

No comments: